Russian government allocates public scholarships
The application for scholarship is reviewed by interagency working group
The student need to send all the required documents
Higher education for foreign students in Russia is subsidised by the government. Adding another pillar of support for foreign student, the Ministry of Education and Science of Russia allocates Public Scholarships to Ministries of foreign countries and to Russian students studying abroad.
The sending party presents for each recommended candidate a set of documents based on which a decision is made by the interagency working group.
The set of documents includes:
- Primary application form of the candidate filled in the interactive mode in order to accelerate the preliminary processing procedure carried out by the hosting educational institutions.
- Candidate's application form with a color photograph attached.
- Copy of the passport (easy readable pages with basic data for issuing an invitation; passport must be valid at least 18 months after the start date of the entry visa for study purposes).
- Copy of the birth certificate with translation into Russian.
- Copy of medical certificate proving the absence of medical contradictions for study issued by an official health-care authority of the candidate's country of residence.
- Copy of the medical certificate proving that the candidate does not have HIV and AIDS issued by an official health-care authority of the candidate's country of residence.
- Copy of the document on education with transcript of the courses taken and the (final) examination notes (points) in them.